iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersUrologystdI have urinary incontinence. Please help.

What causes urinary incontinence and groin lymph node pain?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 11, 2018
Reviewed AtMay 28, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 34 years old male. I started having incontinence problems about four to six months ago (cause unknown). It began with issues only happening at night while sleeping. A month ago it had progressed to occasionally not even being able to make it to the bathroom before I began to pee. Then, about four weeks or so ago, while having sex with my girlfriend, I ended up with a fairly large cut or tear right underneath the head of the penis. It has happened before. About two to three weeks ago I somehow ended up with a UTI and yeast infection. For whatever reason, I have not taken it seriously (major depression) and two nights ago I started having pain (then ended up realizing these were little white ulcers that have since begun to spread rapidly). They are under the head of the penis, on my scrotum, and also on the shaft of my penis. Along with that, last night I realized the lymph node in my right groin was significantly swollen and painful as well. Today that became my lymph node in both my right and now my left groin as well.)

Finally, when I woke up today I had a huge swollen ring of skin, underneath the head of my penis, along with everything else. I have had this same swollen ring one time before in my life. It is seriously swollen and more ulcers are on that skin as well. I did a bit of looking at pictures online and I found a condition that is very similar looking (as far as the swollen ring goes,) called paraphimosis. However, I have been circumcised since I was a baby. So I am not thinking that is it. Anyway, I am in fairly severe pain and I am worried about the lymph nodes in my groin (left and right) being swollen, that there is some bad infection spreading in my blood throughout my body. I guess I could be simply paranoid but I went from ignoring this to now freaking out. So I do not believe that this is the case. Please help. Any ideas or thoughts or suggestions? Currently, I am on Xanax, Adderall, Prozac, Abilify, Cymbalta, Suboxone, and Atenolol.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Relax and do not worry. I have some questions for you, at present do you have any incontinence? Was it protected or unprotected sex? Are ulcers at the site of the cut or in your penis? If possible send me more broad view images of ulcers and penis and of lymph nodes if are visible. I think you are suffering from STD (sexually transmitted disease) due to chancroid or lymphogranuloma venereum. You require STD screening test to properly diagnose the type of infection (STD) you are suffering from. If you do not want the test, then I would suggest you start empirical treatment as follows, but with your doctor's consent: Tablet Azithromycin 1 gm orally only a single dose, and tablet Doxycycline 100 mg morning and evening for 21 days. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with them, and take medications with their consent. These drugs will cover the majority of STD (sexually transmitted diseases) infections.

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Thanks for helping me.

Here are the answers to your questions. Yes, I have been having a lot of incontinence problems. I had unprotected, oral sex only. There are no ulcers at the site of the original cut. Just a couple on the skin of the penis, one on the scrotum, and one at the base of the penis. My lymph nodes are not visible. They are just swollen and a bit sensitive.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I have seen images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is a swollen skin like paraphimosis but since you are circumcised it cannot be paraphimosis. It may be because of infection. As you had unprotected oral sex there are high chances of having STD. As I suggested you can have STD panel test or start antibiotics. If your symptoms do not improve consult urologist so that he can examine you physically.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai
Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy