Desmopressin

I am a 20-year-old, and I have bedwetting habit. Kindly help me get rid of it.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female, and I have had a problem with bedwetting for the past ten years. I have not consulted this problem with anyone before. But now I am sick of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bedwetting is a severe issue and should be treated as soon as possible. Some basic measures to avoid bedwetting are as follows; 1) Avoid drinking water at least two hours before bed. 2) Pass urine before going to bed. 3) Set an alarm for four hours after sleeping...  Read Full »

Is there any medication to stop bedwetting habit in adults?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I used to urinate on the bed since childhood. Please suggest me some medicines.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you tried any medication before also? Do you have a dry period anytime until these 23 years? You still do bed-wetting on a daily basis or it is just when you cough or sneeze? Do you have any history of diabetes or hypertension or any medications? Kindly elaborat...  Read Full »

Can Noctiva nasal spray reduce the sodium levels in the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a bladder leakage at night. I tested my urine. It was fine. I do not have urine leakage during the daytime. I had this problem before five months. My urologist gave me Nocitva nose spray. I have read that using Noctiva can lower the sodium present in the body. I tested my sodium le...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, using Noctiva nasal spray (Desmopressin acetate) can cause a decrease in sodium levels in the blood. The risk is small, and it usually happens within the first month. Then your body starts coping with it. Generally, we measure the sodium levels just before starting...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a medicine to prevent urination at night during travel?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to have a long journey. Can I take a salt tablet to prevent urination during the night? If so, please suggest any tablet.  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why do you want to hold urine? Do you travel frequently? I suggest tablet Tolterodine 4 mg at the start of the travel and tablet or nasal spray Minirin (Desmopressin). Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent. Still, I would like to kn...  Read Full »

What precautions must I take for dental treatments if I have a bleeding disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have von Willebrand disease. My current health concern is that I need to get a scaling of my teeth done. What precautions should I take while scaling to prevent the loss of blood?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The outcome depends on the type of von Willebrand disease as well. Before the dental procedure, a prophylactic Desmopressin can be prescribed. A local Tranexamic acid application would also be beneficial after completing one sitting of scaling or other procedures. I s...  Read Full »