Q. Can you suggest a medicine to prevent urination at night during travel?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am going to have a long journey. Can I take a salt tablet to prevent urination during the night? If so, please suggest any tablet.

#

• Why do you want to hold urine? Do you travel frequently?
  • I suggest tablet Tolterodine 4 mg at the start of the travel and tablet or nasal spray Minirin (Desmopressin). Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.
  • Still, I would like to know more about your requirement and usual urinary schedule.

Revert with more details to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I am fine, and my urinary schedule is normal. I have 11-hour continuous bus journey. So, is it safe to take Tolterodine?

#

• Keep Tolterodine with you if you feel you need to hold urine beyond usual stoppage of buses. You can take Tolterodine 4 mg if the need arises and it is safe.
  • Your fellow passenger's ability to hold urine is usually like yours but lesser in older people. Buses usually stop over for travellers to void.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|