Q. My son is 4. 5 years old. He is complaining of a weird tickling feeling. Please help.

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 22, 2018

Dear Doctor,

My son is 4.5 years old. Since the last 2 months, he is complaining about a weird tickling feeling in stomach, penis and anus.

Please help.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

• Do you give him deworming medicine regularly? These symptoms may sometimes indicate worms in the intestinal tract.
  • Give him zentel syrup (it contains albendazole) 5mL at bedtime for 2 days. It is available as a 10ml bottle. Give 5ml on one night and the remaining 5ml on the next night. He should feel better with this.
  • Deworming medication has to be given once in every 6 months to all members of the family. The dosage is different for adults.
  • This would mostly cure the weird tickling sensation

If it still persists, consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

My baby is failing to gain weight. Is it due to worms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 7-month-old baby who is failing to gain weight and whose brother 5 years old has Ascaris worm and I believe flukes (still to confirm). The baby has been given Albendazole 2.5 ml one dose every five days and is not getting better. I would like to give it more often or maybe co...  Read Full »