Q. I had given a wrong dosage of Albendazole to my baby. Is there a problem?

Dr. Amit Kumar Modi

My baby is 1 year 2 months old. The doctor prescribed Albendazole 5 ml-5 ml two doses in half an hour interval but by mistake, I had given 10 ml-10 ml dose of Albendazole. So, is there any problem?

#

The recommended dose below 2 years of age is only 200 mg. Albendazole is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. It prevents newly hatched insect larvae. You have over dosed your child. As such child may be fine, keep a watch for adverse symptoms. If any, visit a Pediatrician for a clinical evaluation.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|