Q. My facial hair is less. Can I take DHEA supplements for beard growth?

Dr. Shreyansh Talesra

I am a 28-year-old man with very less facial hair. Recent blood check-up shows that my DHEAS value is 195.9. Insulin check-up indicates that there is a high chance of becoming a diabetic patient. My doctor suggested me Ashwagandha, and I have been taking it for a month (two capsules per day). Not much gain. So, I would like to take DHEA supplements for beard growth, is it fine?

#

I think it is very normal to have less hair on the face. Even if you have little hairs, it is normal. Do not worry about your DHEAS level. You should not be taking any hormonal treatment unless it is required and so you can consult an endocrinologist for it. If you have normal sexual functioning, you should not worry about it. If it bothers you too much, you can ask a hair transplant surgeon and get a nice beard transplant. Focus on a healthy diet and regular exercise.

|