Q. From my reports, do you think that there is hope for me to get pregnant?

Answered by
Dr. Sameer Kumar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

Hi doctor,

I am 29 years old. My height is 5'3", and weight is 57 kg. I got married for four years. I have an irregular period of 30 to 41 days cycle. I am trying desperately for baby from the last nine months, but there is no success. I did a follicular study last month, and they gave hCG 5000 IU injection, and in the next scan, they said follicle ruptured, but I did not conceive and in fact got periods after 46 days. So, we started follicular study again this month. Do you think that there is hope for me to get pregnant or regular period? Please do suggest any medicine which you feel can help me. I am currently on APCOD sachets, Siphene 100 mg from day 2 to day 7 and Ovacare. I am getting depressed every day and a lot of pressure from family. Nowadays, I have seen a sudden increase in hair fall. My husband's semen report is excellent. I have attached my laboratory reports for your reference. Please help.



Welcome to

  • Considering your high AMH levels (antimullerian hormone) and oligomenorrhea or irregular cycles, no hypothyroidism and hyperprolactinemia, you are likely to be a case of PCOD or PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome.
  • Ideally, you should be getting your serum testosterone, DHEAS (dehydroepiandrosterone), 17-OHP (hydroxyprogesterone) levels as well.
  • In PCOD, there are two options. Either you can opt for ovulation induction protocol for conception, or you can choose to delay pregnancy and get treated for PCOD first for six months.
  • You have undertaken just the first cycle of ovulation induction with timed intercourse, which seems to have failed.
  • Ideally, the protocol is to opt for three IUI (intrauterine insemination) and ovulation induction cycle, then diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy and then again three cycles of IUI and ovulation induction with Siphene (Clomiphene) again. If still no success, then your next option would be IVF (in vitro fertilization) in the end. This is a tedious process and requires patience.
  • You may continue APCOD and Ovacare supplementation and practice increased intake of water and daily exercise, which would help improve hormonal balance and allow timely ovulation with better quality.

For further information consult a family physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

We have been trying for pregnancy for a year ...   Read full

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

.. that PCOD is not diagnosed by ultrasound.Kindly get thyroid profile, serum androsterone test, serum prolactin, serum testosterone, free androgen index, serum insulin, and fasting blood sugar test done.Start doing six sets of Surya Namaskar every d...   Read full

Can ovarian stimulation for IVF be started on the fifth day of menstruation?

.. definitely start the ovulation induction within the first five days of periods. The principle behind this is that the FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) starts to rise from the second day of the period and by the fifth day, the follicles to be ...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Family Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.