Q. From my reports, do you think that there is hope for me to get pregnant?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I am 29 years old. My height is 5'3", and weight is 57 kg. I got married for four years. I have an irregular period of 30 to 41 days cycle. I am trying desperately for baby from the last nine months, but there is no success. I did a follicular study last month, and they gave hCG 5000 IU injection, and in the next scan, they said follicle ruptured, but I did not conceive and in fact got periods after 46 days. So, we started follicular study again this month. Do you think that there is hope for me to get pregnant or regular period? Please do suggest any medicine which you feel can help me. I am currently on APCOD sachets, Siphene 100 mg from day 2 to day 7 and Ovacare. I am getting depressed every day and a lot of pressure from family. Nowadays, I have seen a sudden increase in hair fall. My husband's semen report is excellent. I have attached my laboratory reports for your reference. Please help.

#

• Considering your high AMH levels (antimullerian hormone) and oligomenorrhea or irregular cycles, no hypothyroidism and hyperprolactinemia, you are likely to be a case of PCOD or PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome.
  • Ideally, you should be getting your serum testosterone, DHEAS (dehydroepiandrosterone), 17-OHP (hydroxyprogesterone) levels as well.
  • In PCOD, there are two options. Either you can opt for ovulation induction protocol for conception, or you can choose to delay pregnancy and get treated for PCOD first for six months.
  • You have undertaken just the first cycle of ovulation induction with timed intercourse, which seems to have failed.
  • Ideally, the protocol is to opt for three IUI (intrauterine insemination) and ovulation induction cycle, then diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy and then again three cycles of IUI and ovulation induction with Siphene (Clomiphene) again. If still no success, then your next option would be IVF (in vitro fertilization) in the end. This is a tedious process and requires patience.
  • You may continue APCOD and Ovacare supplementation and practice increased intake of water and daily exercise, which would help improve hormonal balance and allow timely ovulation with better quality.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|