Q. My father is a diabetic and on electro homeopathy Na Cl drip. Is there any better treatment?

Dr. Bilal Munawar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 01, 2019

My father has diabetes, and the doctor said he loses the fat of the body through urine. Like no muscle inside the body. He takes electro homeopathy NaCl drip two to three times a week. Please suggest some thing how to be better?

Dr. Bilal Munawar

Family Physician
#

Patients with diabetes mellitus can develop contracture of digits and limbs as a result of soft tissue thickening in these areas. This can lead to wasting of the muscle from disuse. This is referred to as atrophy. You did not mention your father age, and if he is old enough, then he supposes to go for DEXA scan and blood levels of Calcium and Vitamin D and Vitamin B12.

Ask him to go to the physician, and if I were his physician, I would keep monitoring of his blood sugar, prescribe his calcium and vitamin D supplement and injection of Vitamin B12 or mecobalamin tablet and further follow-up accordingly. We have to be always on the safe side, and patient safety is our top priority. Also, your father needs an annual screening for his eyes, foot, and kidneys.

What is the reason for abdomen pain and poor appetite?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an unmarried 35-year-old male. It all started last month when I experienced mid-epigastric pain one fine morning. I took some pain relievers and got rid of that. Then, after almost a week, I got lower back pain on the right side suddenly one morning, then, upper back pain middle ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The scans are suggestive of a systemic disorder rather than a focal lesion, and they perfectly correlate with your symptoms. Please send your ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) levels. For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://icli...  Read Full

Is it safe for a 60 year old to use Terifrac for osteoporosis?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 60 years old. She is being treated for osteoporosis currently for which we are already consulting a specialist. I am attaching few other reports towards which would request you to evaluate the same and let me know your interpretation and concerns and treatments if any. For ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached reports thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Here is my comment: Fortunately, there are no autoimmune rheumatoid arthritis or SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) as both ANA and anti-CCP are negative. Unfortunatel...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now