Q. Is it safe to use honey on a diabetic foot ulcer?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

I have a diabetic foot ulcer that is taking forever to heal. Yes, I am seeing a podiatrist and following my foot care to his instructions. My question is;Is using 'honey' on the ulcer alright to use and will it work? I did a lot of research and all of them report a quicker healing. Respectfully wait for your professional thoughts on this.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have a diabetic foot.

• Yes, there are honey dressing materials available in hospitals for quicker healing of DM foot. The antibacterial properties of honey it seems are beneficial.

Hope you find my advice beneficial. Good luck.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|