Q. My child is suffering from diarrhea. Which syrup is better? Zinc acetate or zinc sulfate?

Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Published on Mar 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

My child is suffering from diarrhea. Which syrup is better?  Zinc acetate or zinc sulfate?

Give me advice.

#

Thank you for your query on icliniq.

The treatment of diarrhea comprises of:

• Oral probiotic.
  • Oral rehydration solution to prevent dehydration.
  • Oral zinc supplementation for 2 weeks. You can give drops or syrup containing Zinc acetate in prescribed dose.

If the problem persists, consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Blood in Loose Stool

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood coming in loose stool for the past one year but I do not feel any pain. What is the reason?  Read Full »

My dad felt lightheaded with loose stools and sweating. Is that heart attack or food poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad's age is 59. He is a diabetic patient. He suddenly got a severe stomach ache and passed loose stools. He also sweated more and felt lightheaded. I feel that he is abnormal. He refuses to go the hospital and he believes that if there is a pain in the chest, then it is a heart attac...  Read Full »

My baby often has loose stools. What medicines should I give him?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 6 months old son. He often suffers from loose stools. I do not know why it happens. My friend suggested I give Mathulai manappagu. Please share your thoughts.  Read Full »