Q. My child is suffering from diarrhea. Which syrup is better? Zinc acetate or zinc sulfate?

Dr. E Venkata Ramana
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

My child is suffering from diarrhea. Which syrup is better?  Zinc acetate or zinc sulfate?

Give me advice.

#

Thank you for your query on icliniq.

The treatment of diarrhea comprises of:

• Oral probiotic.
  • Oral rehydration solution to prevent dehydration.
  • Oral zinc supplementation for 2 weeks. You can give drops or syrup containing Zinc acetate in prescribed dose.

If the problem persists, consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|