Q. I am suffering from diarrhea and slight pain in the stomach. Kindly suggest some medications.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 17, 2021 and last reviewed on: May 05, 2021

I am a 38-year-old male. My weight is 70 kg, and my height is 5.4 ft. Since yesterday, I am suffering from loose motion and slight pain in the stomach. My stomach feels bloated, and the motion is completely watery. Please suggest some medication.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern.

As you know, loose motion is usually associated with food poisoning, or intestinal infection so has to treat it accordingly with various type of antibiotics.

In your case, it is acute, so do not worry. It will be fine in few days. Diarrhea leads to dehydration, so please drink plenty of fluids such as juices and water, and ORS (oral rehydration solution) if required. I would recommend you to take:

Tablet Pantop (Pantoprazole) 40 mg once before meal.

Tablet O2 (its combination of Ofloxacin 200 mg and Ornidazole 500 mg) once a day after meal.

Take these medications for three days.

Can you please tell me:

How many times you had diarrhea?

Was it watery diarrhea?

What did you have before diarrhea?

Thank you doctor.

Today I had diarrhea four times, and it is fully watery. After every meal, I had to pass stools. I am drinking buttermilk every night and normal veg food. Will this be fine? Any food recommendations? Is this prescription enough?

#

Thank you for the quick reply.

You can eat anything but avoid spicy food. Eat simple rice, dal, or any veg curry.

Take medicine. This will be enough. Take tablet 02 twice a day after a meal as I prescribed.

Let me know after three days.

If anything else, let me know.

|