Q. Suffering from diarrhea after having spicy food. What to do?

Dr. Shaieka Islam Deeba
Published on Oct 15, 2018

Three days back, I had food for dinner. The food was spicy. Next day, in the morning, I vomited it completely. I suffer from diarrhea for the past two days, and I feel tired. Please suggest me.

Dr. Shaieka Islam Deeba

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You are suffering from acute gastroenteritis. As you are feeling tired, you must take ORS (oral rehydration solution) after passing of each stool. Otherwise, you would become dehydrated. Take plenty of water and ORS. Avoid taking spicy foods. Avoid eating foods from outside. Take a healthy homemade meal. For vomiting, you must take antiemetics. You can take tablet Emistat 8 mg (Ondansetron) one tablet in the morning, afternoon and evening before having a meal for three days. Please say whether you have abdominal pain. You should not take medication on your own without consulting a doctor. Follow these instructions. If there is no improvement, then you can take an antibiotic.

Can gastrointestinal infection last for three months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male, and I am concerned about my health. I had an episode of possible food-borne illness, three months back. That time, I had shivers, fluttering pain in lower abdomen, fever, and high bilirubin. The symptoms have¬†gone, except for occasional fluttering. My bilirubi...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, it is gastroenteritis or stomach flu. Gastroenteritis is inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract that involves the stomach and small intestine. Signs and symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, backache, lack of energy, and dehydration. How...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now