Q. Kindly advise treatment for digestive problem.

Dr. Ella Maponya
Published on Dec 03, 2018

My height is 173 cm, weight 75 kg. I have a chronic digestive problem for 10 years. I have taken allopathy, Ayurveda and homeopathy but no successful result. Please advise me.

Dr. Ella Maponya

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Chronic digestive disorders which are common include irritable bowel syndrome, stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease, cancer, infections, gallstones. The symptoms of digestive problems include diarrhea, stomach cramps, bloating, gas, stomach pain, vomiting, blood in stool, reflux of food, weight changes. The treatment usually includes a combination of medication and lifestyle changes depending on what the disease is. Since you did not get any help from alternative medicine, it is best that you be checked thoroughly and tests done so that a proper diagnosis and treatment can be given.

The tests that can be done depending on your symptoms include blood tests, endoscopy, abdominal X-ray, abdominal sonar. More history from you about your symptoms is needed so that an informed diagnosis can be made.

How can I reduce chest and abdominal pain due to stomach ulcer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old male. I have chest pain, abdominal pain from the last two months. Recently, I visited a gastroenterologist. He tested endoscopy, RUT and vitamin D. I have a small ulcer in the stomach, RUT test is also positive because of H.Pylori bacterial infection and vitamin D is be...  Read Full »

I feel current sensation in tongue while sleeping. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,Whenever I sleep I fell current type of sensation in my tongue and find a small sore on my tongue. It happens on both sides of my tongue, not in the middle. I am suffering from this for last four years. Please help me. I am very upset and facing problem in sleeping.  Read Full »