Dislocated Jaw

Why do I get pain in head, neck and shoulders while opening the mouth?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having problems with my mouth or jaw. I get really bad headaches and pain throughout my head, neck, and shoulders. After going to the doctor and dentist back and forth many times, I was given an x-ray in the open and closed mouth positions, and they found the following. Tech...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you already have a previous history of TMJ (temporomandibular joint) problem, condyle's dislocation might appear as a huge problem but do not worry. There are nonsurgical approaches that will be tried first by your oral surgeon. Suppose you have not visited your l...  Read Full »

Can a bone in the throat break by yawning?

Query: Hi doctor, I yawned and heard a popping sound and got hurt. Did I break something in my throat? Can a bone from the throat be broken due to yawning?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from pain in the throat after yawning. And your query is about the possibility of breaking a bone from the throat after yawning. I think it is impossible, and only...  Read Full »

I get a popping and locking sensation in the jaw. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I usually get a popping and locking sensation in my left jaw which happens while eating and getting up in the morning. I also have a partially erupted wisdom tooth in that part. I read about TMJ on the internet and I am getting anxiety because of it. I am very afraid. Recently, the ja...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to be afraid of. You seem to have recurrent disc displacement. The main cause can be the one you mentioned, your half-erupted tooth. I suggest you get it removed and make sure you eat from both the sides. The joint gets stressed if you eat from only on...  Read Full »

Is my dentist right in saying that my jaw pain and stiffness are incurable?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from jaw pain and stiffness for a while now which can sometimes result in a headache and pain in the ears. I also can hear my jaws pop when I open my mouth wide. I visited a dentist regarding this issue and after an X-ray, it was concluded that I have a dislocated T...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is always a cause associated with it, that can be one of the following: Habitual one-sided chewing. Missing posterior teeth from one side. Decayed teeth on one. Malocclusion. In case you have one of the above-mentioned conditions associated or night clinc...  Read Full »

I am unable to open my mouth fully. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a jaw lock on the right side of my face but yesterday I fell and my left jaw is in pain.  I cannot eat or open my mouth all the way. Also, my tooth has been pushed down. So, I do not know what to do. I am really upset and I am crying now.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be due to a dislocated jaw post trauma or a fracture. So, first get an X-ray done. Then only the exact cause can be ruled out. You can take painkillers like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. Do cool compresses over the cheek. Regards. For more inform...  Read Full »