Q. I am unable to open my mouth fully. What should I do?

Dr. Honey Nandwani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 05, 2022

I had a jaw lock on the right side of my face but yesterday I fell and the left side of the jaw is in pain. I cannot eat or open my mouth all the way. Also, my tooth has been pushed down. So, I do not know what to do. I am really upset and I am crying now.

#

This can be due to a dislocated jaw post trauma or a fracture.

So, first, get an X-ray done. Then only the exact cause can be ruled out.

You can take painkillers like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.

Do cool compresses over the cheek.

|