Q. Is my dentist right in saying that my jaw pain and stiffness are incurable?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have been suffering from jaw pain and stiffness for a while now which can sometimes result in a headache and pain in the ears. I also can hear my jaws pop when I open my mouth wide. I visited a dentist regarding this issue and after an X-ray, it was concluded that I have a dislocated TMJ. However, the dentist said that I will most probably always be able to not open my mouth too wide and my jaws will almost always pop despite medication and physiotherapy. I have a hard time believing that this is incurable. Is my dentist right to say that it cannot be cured?

#

There is always a cause associated with it, that can be one of the following:

1. Habitual one-sided chewing.
  2. Missing posterior teeth from one side.
  3. Decayed teeth on one.
  4. Malocclusion.

In case you have one of the above-mentioned conditions associated or night clinching of teeth, you will be cured.

Your doctor may be wrong. TMJ-associated conditions can be treated and managed with better prognosis.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|