Q. The cap from my root canal treated tooth came off. What is the reason?

Dr. Shwetha Hegde
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2019

Five years ago, I had root canal treatment and got the cap fixed. Now, the cap is coming out always. What to do?

#

• The cap placed on a tooth after root canal treatment comes off for a number of reasons.
  • Commonly, a few years after root canal treatment, the cement used to seal the cap to the tooth gets dissolved and thus the cap comes off.
  • Another cause could be that, the part of the tooth under cap has broken.
  • Whatever may be the reason, you need to visit your dentist to get this issue fixed. The treatment may vary from a simple recementation of the cap to retreatment.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|