Q. The cap from my root canal treated tooth came off. What is the reason?

Dr. Shwetha Hegde
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2019

Five years ago, I had root canal treatment and got the cap fixed. Now, the cap is coming out always. What to do?

#

• The cap placed on a tooth after root canal treatment comes off for a number of reasons.
  • Commonly, a few years after root canal treatment, the cement used to seal the cap to the tooth gets dissolved and thus the cap comes off.
  • Another cause could be that, the part of the tooth under cap has broken.
  • Whatever may be the reason, you need to visit your dentist to get this issue fixed. The treatment may vary from a simple recementation of the cap to retreatment.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

What treatment choices do I have for fused front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My front teeth are fused together. Even smiling properly is an ordeal. What treatment choices do I have? Is there anything which is not so invasive like veneers? If extraction turns out to be the only option, will my teeth be removed from the roots? Is anything else possible? I really ...  Read Full »

I stuck my temporary crown with toothpaste as it fell off. Why is it paining now?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up this morning to find my temporary crown off of the teeth and stuck between the teeth and my cheek. I was able to pull it off but when I did, I noticed a piece missing from it. I did not find the piece. So, I am guessing I probably swallowed it in my sleep. My dentist is close...  Read Full »

Other than braces, how to close the gap between two front teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a gap between my two front teeth. I feel insecure to the point where I do not smile with my mouth wide open. I told my dentist about this. She said she cannot give me braces. What should I do? Is there anything else I can ask my dentist to give me other than braces to close my gap?  Read Full »