Q. My husband always loses his tooth after a root canal. What should he do?

Dr. Honey Nandwani

My husband has been told he needs a root canal on two of his teeth. He has had seven root canals in his life and then crowns on those teeth. He is 49 and has now lost all of the teeth that he had root canals and crowns on. He has problems with the crowns. They tell him he has a small bite. He ends up with infections. So, I do not want the same thing to happen again. The crowns cost thousands and then he loses the teeth anyway. Is there any other option? Should he not get a crown? We have so much debt from his dentistry and no healthy teeth to show for it.

#

• If his teeth need a root canal treatment, the best way to save them will be to get the teeth capped. Root canal treated teeth become fragile and needs to be capped without fail.
  • For a proper treatment, after getting a root canal treatment done, I suggest you consult a prosthodontist and get evaluated. They are experts in capping and can adjust the cap according to the bite.
  • Another option will be to get the tooth removed and replace it with an implant or bridge.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|