Q. I swallowed my dental crown. What do I do?

Dr. Asma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 16, 2019

I have swallowed my dental cap while eating. What do I do now? I am very scared.

#

• Firstly, I would like to know, are you sure that you swallowed it? Because, sometimes we just lose it while rinsing the mouth too.
  • How many hours back did you swallow it?
  • Are you having any breathing difficulty or a stomach pain? In case it was stuck somewhere in your throat, you would have had a difficulty in breathing, immediately after swallowing the cap.
  • You need not worry much as it should get excreted out soon.
  • Just stay relaxed and in case you have any difficulty eating or breathing, just visit the nearest hospital as soon as possible.

Hope it helps you.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Can a decayed tooth be saved?

Query: Hi doctor,I am dealing with a big problem. Over the years my teeth have been slowly decaying. I was not big on brushing and now my molars are completely messed up. One of them is basically gone with a very dark color hole in it. The other molar is slowly getting to that point and it is about halfway...  Read Full »

Other than braces, how to close the gap between two front teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a gap between my two front teeth. I feel insecure to the point where I do not smile with my mouth wide open. I told my dentist about this. She said she cannot give me braces. What should I do? Is there anything else I can ask my dentist to give me other than braces to close my gap?  Read Full »

What treatment choices do I have for fused front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My front teeth are fused together. Even smiling properly is an ordeal. What treatment choices do I have? Is there anything which is not so invasive like veneers? If extraction turns out to be the only option, will my teeth be removed from the roots? Is anything else possible? I really ...  Read Full »