Q. I swallowed my dental crown. What do I do?

Dr. Asma Parveen
Published on Sep 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 16, 2019

I have swallowed my dental cap while eating. What do I do now? I am very scared.

#

• Firstly, I would like to know, are you sure that you swallowed it? Because, sometimes we just lose it while rinsing the mouth too.
  • How many hours back did you swallow it?
  • Are you having any breathing difficulty or a stomach pain? In case it was stuck somewhere in your throat, you would have had a difficulty in breathing, immediately after swallowing the cap.
  • You need not worry much as it should get excreted out soon.
  • Just stay relaxed and in case you have any difficulty eating or breathing, just visit the nearest hospital as soon as possible.

Hope it helps you.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Can a decayed tooth be saved?

Query: Hi doctor,I am dealing with a big problem. Over the years my teeth have been slowly decaying. I was not big on brushing and now my molars are completely messed up. One of them is basically gone with a very dark color hole in it. The other molar is slowly getting to that point and it is about halfway...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The one grossly decayed tooth can be saved if you ask your dentist to do root canal treatment on it. Root canal treatment followed by a metal post in it and ceramic crown over it will help in saving the tooth. If you cannot afford the treatment, then the only solution ...  Read Full

Other than braces, how to close the gap between two front teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a gap between my two front teeth. I feel insecure to the point where I do not smile with my mouth wide open. I told my dentist about this. She said she cannot give me braces. What should I do? Is there anything else I can ask my dentist to give me other than braces to close my gap?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can ask your dentist to make zirconium crowns for that two front teeth like a bridge over it to close the gap. He will reduce your teeth little bit from all sides and will take an impression first and give a temporary crown for a few days. Later, when the crown i...  Read Full

What treatment choices do I have for fused front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My front teeth are fused together. Even smiling properly is an ordeal. What treatment choices do I have? Is there anything which is not so invasive like veneers? If extraction turns out to be the only option, will my teeth be removed from the roots? Is anything else possible? I really ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest that you can go for full ceramic crowns instead of veneers. Full ceramic crowns are expensive, but they are esthetically very good. For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist  Read Full