Q. What is wrong in my ultrasound report?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 12, 2021

I am 38 weeks pregnant. According to a color Doppler scan, it was mentioned as a single loose loop of umbilical cord noted around the fetal neck. The estimated fetal weight is 3229 g. The EDD is towards the end of this month. I wanted to ask if there are any problems and kindly mention the precautions to be taken.

#

If the other sonography is normal, then you should not worry about it.

Wait up to the expected delivery date. If pain starts before that, then let the delivery happen.

Just have to monitor fetal heart rate throughout the labor. If at any stage heart rate goes down and up and the doctor thinks that it is because of fetal distress, then do an immediate cesarean section. Otherwise, normal delivery can happen.

Do one "NST" (nonstress test) nearby at your gynecologist. If the test is good, then the baby is completely fine and there is no stress on the baby due to the loop of cord at present. So, you can wait further.

If you are going to try for normal delivery, then just see that the hospital has a good fetal monitoring system.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|