Q. According to scan, the fetus growth is lagging. Kindly clarify it.

My wife is three months pregnant, and the doctor is telling that the baby is lagging in growth for about one month. The fetus heartbeat is good as per ultrasound, but the fetal growth is less. My wife's weight also dropped from 57 to 55 kg and recently, she is having stomach ache and back pain. The doctor has given some tablets for baby's growth. I am attaching her ultrasound reports and a picture of ultrasound also. Your answer will be highly appreciated as I am worried about them.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a baby of 9 weeks and 5 days.
  • With the EDD and calculated date of conception, it is a case of delayed conception where the child is not lagging growth. It is likely that the mother had delayed menses or irregular menses earlier which caused a discrepancy of dates on ultrasound growth.
  • If the heart rate of the child is more than 140, then the growth is fine. You can repeat the USG scan after two weeks and check the growth.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »

Can low vitamin D and B12 levels have adverse effects on the fetus?

Query: Hello doctor, My 29-year-old sister has a 5-year-old son. It was premature delivery (34th week) and it was a normal delivery. After that, for three times she had abortions and all were between 8 to 10 weeks because of no fetal growth and no heartbeats found. Currently, she is 10 weeks pre...  Read Full »

Does my ultrasound report show any skeletal abnormality?

Query: Hi doctor, Please comment on my ultrasound report. Single fetus in cephalic presentation. Placenta: anterior Gr-1 and amniotic fluid is adequate (AFI-16.4). Fetal measurements are as follows: BPD 80 mm, HC 306 mm, AC 280 mm and FL 58 mm, RT - humerus 52 mm, radius 45 mm, ulna 50 mm, tibia 50 mm and ...  Read Full »