Q. According to scan, the fetus growth is lagging. Kindly clarify it.

My wife is three months pregnant, and the doctor is telling that the baby is lagging in growth for about one month. The fetus heartbeat is good as per ultrasound, but the fetal growth is less. My wife's weight also dropped from 57 to 55 kg and recently, she is having stomach ache and back pain. The doctor has given some tablets for baby's growth. I am attaching her ultrasound reports and a picture of ultrasound also. Your answer will be highly appreciated as I am worried about them.

#

• The ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a baby of 9 weeks and 5 days.
  • With the EDD and calculated date of conception, it is a case of delayed conception where the child is not lagging growth. It is likely that the mother had delayed menses or irregular menses earlier which caused a discrepancy of dates on ultrasound growth.
  • If the heart rate of the child is more than 140, then the growth is fine. You can repeat the USG scan after two weeks and check the growth.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|