Q. Why do I get double vision in my right eye, when I get stressed with work?

Dr. Sankaran Mathangee

I get double vision in my right eye. It happens only when I get stressed with work. I have had neuritis in my left eye for one year.

Kindly help.

#

I need a detailed history and a photo of your eye.

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) Why you did not take any intravenous steroids for your left eye neuritis?

2) Do you wear glasses? If so, what is the power?

3) Do you have a photograph of your retina?

4) What is the nature of your work?

5) Since how many days you have double vision?

6) When you close your right eye, is your vision normal at such instances?

I suggest using Systane Ultra eye drops (Polyethylene Glycol and Propylene Glycol) four times a day for both eyes.

My eyes are normal, no squint, no sight issue. I am a civil engineer, and I am sensitive, which leads to overthinking. At that time, there was a lockdown. So, I could not stay at the hospital and take steroids.

I do not have any retina photographs, but when I went to check up, they said everything is fine, and I do not need any glasses.

Thanks.

#

Yes, the vision in your left eye will be a little less, but that would not be a problem.

The double vision that you are experiencing might be due to dryness. Try using the drops that I have suggested above and if it does not improve, kindly revert. Since you have a history of optic neuritis in the left eye, you must be careful about episodes occurring in the right eye.

I hope this reply helps you.

|