Double Vision

I am having double vision which goes away by pulling the corner of the eye. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,Five days ago, when I woke up, I felt dizzy, and my vision was off. I was sluggish all day and had a headache upon waking. I figured I was coming down with something and laid around all day on the couch. When I woke up the next, I had no headache and was no longer lethargic, but my vis...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that your vision becomes better upon changing the position of the head or pulling your eyelid towards your ear proves that this is only related to your newly acquired age-related refraction. By reducing the area of the eye slit (changing the position of the ...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for double vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I am afraid I have developed double vision. What medicines should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Double is caused due to paralysis of an extraocular muscle. These muscles are supplied by nerves. Hypertension and diabetes are the most common causes of nerve palsy and muscle paralysis due to which both eyes are misaligned and eye movements are affected. So you need to ...  Read Full »

I am having one eyeball misalignment and dual vision after a train travel. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old male. I traveled by train for 12 hours and came sleeping, then I developed a headache. Now, suddenly I am having one eyeball misalignment and dual vision. No other symptoms. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are experiencing sudden squint. Please get blood pressure checked now. The double vision right now is not an emergency but if you have high BP, that has to be taken care of. If you do not have a BP instrument, kindly tell me if you have these signs. Dizziness, heada...  Read Full »

I am getting double vision even after cataract surgery. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Over the last few years, I have watched and photographed several lunar eclipses (no solar ever). About a year ago, I noticed I was seeing ghost images when I looked at the moon with either eye or both 9 w/left, 7 w/right. Went to Ophthalmologist and they said I need cataract surgery. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ghost images are a normal retinal phenomenon known as after images. You need not worry about it. You can see them clearer after cataract surgery because they are a normal retinal response to any image. The more the contrast, the more the ghost images or after images...  Read Full »

My eye power is -9 on left and -3 on right. Objects double and get dizzy. How to improve?

Query: Dear Doctor, My eye power is -9 on left and -3 on right. I feel very uncomfortable wearing eyeglasses.  When I see, objects double and get dizzy. How to improve? Age - 17 years/ female.  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the power difference in RE and LE is -6 ds, it is inducing double vision because of the difference in image size produced by the spectacles. Since you are only 17 years old, we need to wait until 18-20 years of your age for your eye power to stabilize, and to think...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having double vision and is it preventable?

Query: Hi doctor, I experienced double vision in a 100-mile trail run around 18 hours into the race. The double vision cleared after 20 minutes of closing my eyes in the medical tent. After a week, I saw an ophthalmologist who did a few tests and concluded that it was eye fatigue. I experienced double vis...  Read Full »

Dr. Rasmi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have phoria (not strabismus) and the fatigue in eye muscle cause double vision. I advise you to decrease the effort. Take good time to rest and use vitamin B (1,6,12) and keep your vision good (always about 20/20) by glasses or without any problem in y...  Read Full »

My father is a known diabetic and hypertensive patient. Now got a sudden onset of double vision.

Query: Hello Doctor, My father got double vision suddenly. Age 58 years. His BP was high. He has diabetes. His CT Scan report says:- Impression: Multiple calcified foci as described above. Diffuse cerebral atrophy. Content: Two calcified foci without perilesional oedema are seen in bilateral occipital regi...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, It seems from the history that your father is having sudden onset of double vision. He is a known diabetic and hypertensive. The CT scan report you have mentioned here like diffuse cerebral atrophy is not of much significant and they indicate age related changes. The CT scan findings are not ...  Read Full »

Left eye starts watering when I see bright light. Why is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have noticed over the past several months, that I have been favoring my right eye more (monocular vision). My right eye is my dominant eye. I have been leaning in that direction to read. I can still see out of my left eye but the focus is from my right. I have s...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your eyes. It looks absolutely normal. Your symptoms appear to be related to eye fatigue and tiredness due to continuous reading.  Also there dominant eye can be changed with little e...  Read Full »

Is multiple sclerosis the right diagnosis for him?

Query: Hello doctor, My 66-year-old father who is a retired school teacher was having a cold and cough for 10 days. One month back, he developed slurred speech and blurred vision, double vision, giddiness, imbalance, nasal intonation of voice, hypertension. Blood pressure was fluctuating. As per him, symp...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father's symptoms are not typical of MG (myasthenia gravis). I would exclude MS (multiple sclerosis) due to his age and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) findings although his past history of optic neuritis. A stroke cannot be excluded although I would directly ...  Read Full »

I have vision problems after laser IOL implant. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,After laser IOL implant I now have severe aniseikonia. Was it wrong diopter lense? Can it be undone? Very poor and triple vision. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer all your queries in detail. Aniseikonia occurs when the difference in refractive error is more than 4 or 5 diopters between two eyes. If you say you had laser-assisted cataract surgery which means a femto surgery, the size of incision would be...  Read Full »