Drug Addiction

Can you please help me to come out of heroin addiction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am addicted to heroin and have been using a lot of drugs. I have been trying to quit these drugs, but I cannot. Whenever I do not use it, my body is painful and dull, and I cannot do any work neither do anything. My mind is all about the drugs whenever I do not use it. I really want...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Heroin addiction is known to be a chronic relapsing condition. It is positive that you are contemplating to stop using heroin again. You mentioned about being in detox before but relapsed again. You need to consult a psychiatrist in your city and get support from ...  Read Full »

Is It Tough To Overcome Benadryl Addiction And Get A Sound Sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am spending sleepless nights. I am struggling to fall asleep and often get disturbed by dreams. I feel restless legs throughout the night. The next morning when I wake up I feel fatigue. I am addicted to Benadryl to get sleep. But, I am trying to avoid it now. Please guide me for a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaints, it seems that you might have developed dependence on Benadryl. And it is quite possible that due to this dependence you might be having these symptoms. Benadryl is basically a Codeine-based cough syrup, which is an antitussive agent OTC (over th...  Read Full »

Can drug abuse cause memory blackouts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 23 year old son. He admits to current marijuana use once or twice a week. He admits to a variety of drugs including cocaine, meth, heroin, LSD in the past year. His ex-mother in law says he currently uses cocaine and meth. He denies current drug use beyond pot. He says he has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. What we are dealing with here is a transient global amnesia (TGA). During these episodes, there is a temporary memory loss of recent events with preserved social and cognitive skills. The person typically does not remember the events of the l...  Read Full »

I need help for my rebound nasal congestion.

Query: Hi doctor, I am here to get help for rebound nasal congestion. Two years ago, I started using Oxymetazoline nasal spray for mild allergy. I continued using it because I thought my allergy is persistent. Recently, I realized that my problem is not an allergy but addiction to nasal spray. My symptom...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You suffer from a condition called as rhinitis medicamentosa. As you have rightly understood, it is due to the prolonged uninhibited use of nasal decongestants. Repeated use of the same causes decongestion temporarily followed by rebound congestion inside the nose. ...  Read Full »

Is long-term use of Etizolam harmful?

Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed Etizolam 0.5 mg and Escitalopram for a month, as I had insomnia, stress, and anxiety. However, during the last week, it did not seem to work. I was struggling with sleep. Is it possible that I become addicted to the drug? Will I need a higher dose to get the same effect...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Etizolam is not a sleep medicine but an anxiolytic. Long-term use of benzodiazepines like Etizolam is not advisable because of tolerance and addiction potential. They are used for a short-term to support the main medications like Escitalopram, which need to be taken f...  Read Full »

My brother's behavior outbursts are puzzling the entire family. Can you help?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 23 and the oldest of thirteen kids. My little brother who is 15 years old has struggled with depression and is suicidal or so he claims. He has always been normal around me and I have never seen any signs of this, but I moved out about five years ago. He once took a knife and held it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your brother seems to be suffering from personality disorder. The symptoms or behavior what you mentioned above are more likely to be cluster B personality. Your brother has more borderline personality with overlapping antisocial personality traits. Peopl...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to quit using meth if I found out I was pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I have secondary dysmenorrhea and have miscarried twice before finding out this time I was pregnant. I have been using meth now. I feel bad and think I am a horrible person. I want to wean off the drug, but part of me is wondering if I quit both times I found out, this time I still us...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these drugs such as cocaine, alcohol, methamphetamine have their psychosocial side effect as well as harmful long-term effects on the body. They are just temporary anxiety relieving drugs, not only directly affect brain, bones, reproductive system, mental and phy...  Read Full »

Should I inform the doctor if I have meth in my system when going for a surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 6 feet and 150 lbs. I am not on any medication. I have a surgery in five hours and I have meth in my system taken about five hours earlier. Should I cancel the surgery or go to the surgery and tell the doctor?   Read Full »

Dr. Manu Kumar

Anesthesiologist, Criticalcare Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing to do is to share this information with your doctor. He will be a better person to decide whether to postpone the surgery or not. If it is not an emergency or an urgent surgery, I would advise my patients to postpone it till the meth is out of the syste...  Read Full »

My wife has conceived a baby from the act after I had used cocaine. Can this cause problems?

Query: Hi doctor,I stupidly used cocaine at a weekend out and it looks like I conceived a baby with my wife the day after using it. Can this cause any serious harm to the baby? My wife is five months pregnant already and I have been worrying about something bad happening since then.  Read Full »

Dr. Meeta Airen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it will not cause any harm as it does not have an immediate effect. For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist  Read Full »

I have relationship issues, and I smoke weed. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I do not trust girls. I have had relationship issues, as I was betrayed by the girl I love. I also have a weed problem, and I am a dropout from college.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is more of a generalized thought that just because a girl betrayed you, all the girls are not trustworthy. You are taking weed, please specify the duration and daily dose. You need a help of a psychiatrist, as a thorough evaluation is necessary to plan a regime to h...  Read Full »