Q. Can tablet Sulpiride and tablet Clobazam be taken together while breastfeeding?

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat
and medically reviewed by Dr.P.C.Pavithra Pattu

I took Urbanol 10 mg almost three hours ago and Espiride 50 mg after one hour. Is there any problem, doctor? Kindly help.

Thanks.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern.

Tablet Espiride 50 mg contains Sulpiride as an active gradient. It works by blocking dopamine in the brain. Normally dopamine inhibits prolactin hormone (essential for milk production). So, tablet Espiride blocks dopamine so that that prolactin can act in milk production. This is the mechanism of action of the tablet Espiride, and that is why you are taking it for breast milk production. Tablet Urabanol 10 mg contains Clobazam as an active gradient. It is used for severe anxiety and seizure conditions. Its mechanism of action is different from tablet Espiride. So, there will not be any problem. Tablet Urabanol is contraindicated in breastfeeding women since it passes in breast milk. I suggest you contact your physician regarding the same. Please take all the medicines on scheduled time as prescribed and instructed by your physician without changing your daily routine.

I hope you find the reply useful.

Thanks.

|