Q. Kindly suggest the glasses that can be used while working on laptop.

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Published on Mar 22, 2019

I am 27 years old, male, pursuing PG. This is the dissertation writing time for me. For that, I have to rely on a laptop most of the time. It makes my eyes uncomfortable (red and dry). So, would be glad to have suggestions. Any glasses that I could use while working on a laptop?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

People who spend much time in front of digital screens like a laptop, mobiles, etc., are at higher risk of developing dry eyes also called computer eye syndrome. Usually, we blink 8 to 12 times per minute but while using digital devices blink rate is decreased 2 to 3 times per minute. That is why tear film is disturbed and eyes get dry.

So keep using Refresh Tears and try to modify the habits like blinking every 10 to 15 seconds during laptop use and try to avoid any humid environment. I hope these simple things will help you a lot.

Eye Care Through Ayurveda

Article Overview: Glaucoma, computer vision syndrome, vision problems and dry eyes are very common now a days. Glaucoma is the second leading cause for blindness. This article discusses in detail the ayurvedic approaches to treat eye disorders. Read Article

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ocular Hypertension: It is nothing but elevated pressure inside the eyeball. In clinical terms, it is defined as the presence of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in the absence of optic nerve damage or visual field loss. Normal intraocular pressure is between 10mm...  Read Article

Contact Lenses, an Alternative to Wearing Glasses

Article Overview: Are you thinking about using contact lenses? Read the article to clear all your doubts about the types, advantages, and disadvantages of contact lenses Read Article

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Contact lenses are medical devices used to correct refractive errors. They are also frequently used to change the appearance of eyes. Types of Contact Lenses There are mainly two types of contact lenses: Rigid contact lenses - Rigid gas permeable lenses are used in certain medical conditions li...  Read Article

Can excessive computer exposure cause dry eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using artificial tear drops during the day and an artificial tear gel in the night before going to bed for dry eyes. In most of the days, I feel a lot better, however, one day or another I have the same symptoms or watery eyes and redness and minor blurred vision. This happens with...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very good to know that you have improved drastically.  Yes, continuous computer use can cause dry eyes, redness and irritation. Yes, higher power on left eye can add to your problems. It can be due to eye fatigue and tiredness due to continuous reading. Just use c...  Read Full