Dry Eye Syndrome

Are there any glasses that I could use while working on a laptop?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old, male, pursuing PG. This is the dissertation writing time for me. For that, I have to rely on a laptop most of the time. It makes my eyes uncomfortable (red and dry). So, would be glad to have suggestions. Any glasses that I could use while working on a laptop?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People who spend much time in front of digital screens like a laptop, mobiles, etc., are at higher risk of developing dry eyes also called computer eye syndrome. Usually, we blink 8 to 12 times per minute but while using digital devices blink rate is decreased 2 to 3 time...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry, but there is no permanent treatment or cure for dry eyes, but yes with treatment, your life will become comfortable. To treat dry eyes, we need to find the type and severity of dry eyes. The type of dry eyes is established by the clinical examination of the...  Read Full »

What is the ayurveda treatment for eye pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting eye pain when I look into my mobile or computer. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a very common problem faced by youngsters who spend long hours in front of the computer screen. This is called dry eye syndrome. A condition where the protective tear film in the eyes gets depleted causing pain and irritation in the eyes. Use Itone eye drops (her...  Read Full »

I cannot read the fourth line on the eye test chart. Is my condition amblyopia ?

Query: Hello doctor,I have done my eye test. During the test, I cannot read the fourth line of letters even with the lenses they provide. All the lenses I have tried. Is it serious? What is the problem? I am very tensed.  Read Full »

Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to answer you, I need little more details. Have you been using glasses? Are you unable to read the fourth line with both of your eyes or only from one eye? What is the correction you were given for 6/18 line, I mean the prescription of glasses? How did you no...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dry eye syndrome is a condition which can best be managed but cannot be treated, since it is caused by multiple factors like age, environment, etc. The good thing is that it is not dangerous. You are already using Systane (Propylene glycol) and Ara gel (Hydroxypropyl me...  Read Full »

Does laser surgery cause dry eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I had laser surgery on both my eyes 15 years back, and it was not very successful. My eye sight power came back along with the cylindrical power. My power has been stable for the last 10 years. Now my vision has become 6/4. But, I found out that I have dry eyes ever since. If I use ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Dry eye syndrome also called as sicca syndrome is due to the inability of the tear glands to produce enough tears. It is sometimes associated with dry mouth and positive antibodies like anti-Ro and anti-La, in which case, it is called Sjogr...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes, eye strain and stinging due to constant computer use. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eye problems since the last three years due to heavy computer usage. The eyes feel dry, and sometimes there is burning. Reading strains my eyes. I take Omega 369 tablets when this problem occurs, and then I would be alright for 15 to 30 days. But, it would resurface af...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no permanent treatment for dry eyes. The treatment options are: Take a break after every hour of computer work. Blink a lot. Apply cold compresses. Use anti-glare glasses. Use lubricating eyedrop frequently like refresh tears. You may use either Omega-3 fatty...  Read Full »

What can I do to relieve dry eyes and irritation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I have dry eyes and irritation since the last five years, especially when I wake up in the mornings. I consulted with an eye care specialist, but they found nothing wrong. My sugar levels were checked five times, and it came back normal all the times, except ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dryness of the eyes is a very common condition these days due to excessive use of mobile phones, television, and laptop. There is no permanent treatment for dryness. It may be normal if it persists for a few days. But, it might continue for a longer time, due to a chan...  Read Full »