Q. How to get rid of dry skin and skin discoloration due to acne marks?

Dr. Snehal Laul

I would like to know about my skin discoloration, dry skin and pimples. Please help.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Apply Epiduo gel at night for 15 days (on dark spots and pimples), Aziderm 10 percent cream at noon for 15 days, Clindamycin 1 percent gel at daytime for 15 days, and Photostable sunscreen daily at 9 AM,12 PM, and 3 PM for 20 days.

Wash your face twice daily in the morning and night with Ahaglow face wash or Cetaphil cleanser. Avoid scratching or rubbing lesions.

Do you have dry skin? Do you pop or prick your pimples? Please reply.

My skin is very dry, and sometimes there are ingrown hair that I remove.

#

Apply Cetaphil moisturizing lotion or Skin first moisturizing lotion twice daily for 20 days. Moisturize your skin daily after a bath. Apply Fucidin cream twice daily for seven days (on folliculitis/ingrown hair) or Nadibact cream at night for ten days. Use mild soaps for the bath.

Cause of dryness can be washing hands too frequently, bathing too often, use of harsh soaps, hot water shower, insufficient water intake, low humidity, dry winters, prolong exposure to the sun, AC central heat.

Stay hydrated. Moisturize the skin immediately after the shower. Take a diet rich in Zinc, Vitamin E, and Omega 3 fatty acids.

Avoid rubbing the skin with a towel. Gently pat dry. Use olive oil and almond oil to soothe the skin.

Avoid soaps, perfumes, detergents containing drying agents, and alcohol. Some drugs also cause dryness.

Do you have any previous drug history?

|