Q. My skin is dry and rough, and I have pimples. Please help.

Dr. Kakkar
Published on Nov 01, 2019

I am a 30-year-old female. My skin is dry, rough, and having pimples. I want to know the right cream for my skin. Currently, I am using Palmolive shower cream and all clear fade milk lotion for my skin.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Dry skin conditions are mainly encountered in those who are atopic. The skin has reduced water retention capacity, and thus, there is increased transepidermal water loss. Moreover, the skin of the outer thighs, buttocks, upper outer arms may also have keratosis pilaris, which appear as rough, conical papules or pimples and are due to keratin plugging of hair follicles.

I would suggest you use a cream containing keratolytic and hygroscopic agents like ammonium lactate, urea, etc., as a moisturizer twice daily. Ammonium lactate is available as a cream by the name of Amylac cream 12%.

Why do I have pimples on the back of my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bumps are enlarged circumvallate papillae, which can be due to a number of causes like oral infections, acid reflux, throat infections, or a post nasal drip. Halitosis or bad breath can occur due to poor oral hygiene, oral and dental infections, post nasal drip, ...  Read Full

I developed itchy and dry skin after dyeing hair in salon. Can you have a look?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my skin condition. I have developed a really itchy and dry skin after I dyed my hair. Here are the symptoms. I do not know what the condition is as my appointment is months away. Can I attach pictures?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and examined your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed allergic contact dermatitis to hair dye. Though you may not have had this on your previous exposure, now onwards you may have a severe re...  Read Full

Palmoplantar Keratoderma - Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Palmoplantar keratoderma is an autosomal recessive disorder, which results in abnormal thickening of the skin on the palms and soles. read the article to know more. Read Article

What is Palmoplantar Keratoderma? Palmoplantar keratoderma is a commonly encountered problem in day to day practice. This disease presents as a distressing thickened skin with fissured pattern, intermingled with recurrent eczema like flare up. What Causes Palmoplantar Keratoderma? The causes coul...  Read Article