Q. I developed itchy and dry skin after dyeing hair in salon. Can you have a look?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Apr 06, 2019

I have a question about my skin condition. I have developed a really itchy and dry skin after I dyed my hair. Here are the symptoms. I do not know what the condition is as my appointment is months away. Can I attach pictures?

#

I have seen your query and examined your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed allergic contact dermatitis to hair dye. Though you may not have had this on your previous exposure, now onwards you may have a severe reaction to the dye.

You can use topical 1 % Hydrocortisone cream local application twice daily and take tablet Levocetirizine once daily for one week after consulting your dermatologist.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|