Q. Popping my pimples has caused a big red bump. Please help.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

I am a 25 year old female. From the last five years, I have acne. It had reduced a bit. But, recently I started to get white heads and papules. I then popped my papule and white head area. Now, it has become red and swollen and it is burning. I have applied cold water and aloe vera gel. Big red marks have formed now. Please help me. Will it give rise to a permanent scar? It looks large. Please help.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

• I suggest the following:
  1. Start applying Opexa (a combination of Dimethicone and Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate) gel thrice daily. This will minimize the chances of scarring.
  2. Apply T-Bact (Mupirocin topical) ointment on the Opexa gel. This will reduce the infection.
  3. Start Aziwok (Azithromycin) 500 mg antibiotic for six days daily one.
  4. Start Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily if you have unbearable pain.

This will help you.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Can you please suggest something for my earlier acne marks? Some marks were from cysts.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

• You can try Melaglow Rich cream (a combination of Licorice extract, Kojic acid, and others). Use it until the marks fade. You can apply it twice daily after washing your face.

|