Q. Popping my pimples has caused a big red bump. Please help.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

I am a 25 year old female. From the last five years, I have acne. It had reduced a bit. But, recently I started to get white heads and papules. I then popped my papule and white head area. Now, it has become red and swollen and it is burning. I have applied cold water and aloe vera gel. Big red marks have formed now. Please help me. Will it give rise to a permanent scar? It looks large. Please help.

#

• I suggest the following:
  1. Start applying Opexa (a combination of Dimethicone and Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate) gel thrice daily. This will minimize the chances of scarring.
  2. Apply T-Bact (Mupirocin topical) ointment on the Opexa gel. This will reduce the infection.
  3. Start Aziwok (Azithromycin) 500 mg antibiotic for six days daily one.
  4. Start Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily if you have unbearable pain.

This will help you.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can you please suggest something for my earlier acne marks? Some marks were from cysts.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

• You can try Melaglow Rich cream (a combination of Licorice extract, Kojic acid, and others). Use it until the marks fade. You can apply it twice daily after washing your face.

| 

If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?  Read Full »

Paracetamol tablets for tooth pain

Query: Hello Doctor, Can I take two Amoxicillin 500 tablets for my first dose of medicines for a tooth infection? Is there anything at home that will take the pain away?  Read Full »

How can I remove dark patches due to jock itch?

Query: Hello doctor, I had jock itch six years ago over the groin area and lower abdomen. It was completely cured then but has left dark patches. I have been suggested by a dermatologist to use Glycolic acid 6 % cream, which does not seem to be working. Suggest an effective ointment to clear the dark patc...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»