Q. After wisdom tooth removal, a blood clot came out of socket. Will it end up in dry socket?

Answered by Dr. Divya Banu M and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dry Socket or Oral Hygiene Maintenance? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Before eight hours, I got my wisdom tooth out. My mouth was filled with blood. Just 30 minutes ago, a small piece like a blood clot came out of my bottom right socket. When I look at my holes in the mirror, they are all filled with dark blood. Can I get a dry socket? Should I need to go back to my dentist now? What should I do? I am terrified of the pain.