Q. After wisdom tooth removal, a blood clot came out of socket. Will it end up in dry socket?

Dr. Divya Banu M

Before eight hours, I got my wisdom tooth out. My mouth was filled with blood. Just 30 minutes ago, a small piece like a blood clot came out of my bottom right socket. When I look at my holes in the mirror, they are all filled with dark blood. Can I get a dry socket? Should I need to go back to my dentist now? What should I do? I am terrified of the pain.

#

Since your socket is filled with blood, there is nothing to worry much. Regarding this socket, I cannot assure you without seeing the image. Maintain your oral hygiene and follow the instructions given by your dentist. Do warm salt water gargling after a day and for the next 24 hours do not gargle forcefully or spit forcefully. Do not consume anything very hot and do not use straws for drinks. Do not try to manipulate the area with tongue or finger. All the other instructions would have been given by your dentist.

Dry socket is diagnosed after two to three days with the patient symptoms only. But in case, if you have any bad odor or pain or bad taste, you can visit your dentist. Do a sedative dressing and medication will be given. Do not worry. You will be fine. Just adhere to the instructions correctly. Take your medicines properly, if the antibiotics are given.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

How can we stop excessive bleeding from tooth extraction site?

Query: Hi doctor, It has been eight hours now. I have extracted three teeth at the same time. There is excessive bleeding from the extracted site. Is this deadly?  Read Full »

How to keep breath fresh all day?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have any dental issues. I have been getting regular dental checks. How do I keep my breath fresh all day?  Read Full »

Had an extraction and bone graft was placed over it. Is there any chance for dry socket?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an extraction of a molar in the morning, and a bone graft was placed over it. My surgeon placed a collagen plug over it to make the graft to stay in place. Can I have a blood clot below it? I am afraid of getting a dry socket. Last time, I had a dry socket, when I had a wisdom toot...  Read Full »