Q. Is it safe to have surgery or oil treatment for DCIS?

My partner has DCIS. The doctor advised for surgery. She has been taking full extract Cannabis oil for six weeks. The initial pathology report and the follow-up reports seem to be different. The surgeon knows what my partner has been taking. I have sent both the pathology reports. I need some advice, and I need these differences explained to me. So, we can decide on doing surgery or continuing with the oil treatment.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not try Cannabis oil as a remedy for your lesion. Your report is suggestive of ductal carcinoma in situ.

You are right, in the second report, it is given that necrosis is not evident. The necrosis could not be there because, in a repeated biopsy, that necrotic portion might not be biopsied.

But in both the reports, nuclear changes are suggestive of a malignant process is given. So, your report indicates ductal carcinoma in situ, and it is advisable not to take a risk. It is better to undergo surgery.

For more information consult a pathologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pathologist

| 

Is the lump in breast cancer or cyst?

Query: Hello doctor, I found a lump in my breast five months back. Initially, it was told to be a cyst. I followed up after four weeks, and the cyst was unchanged. My PCP recommended a needle biopsy to be safe. My surgeon felt more comfortable with lumpectomy because I have a family history of thyroid tum...  Read Full »

My biopsy report showed granulomatous mastitis. Was the biopsy specimen autolyzed?

Query: Hi doctor, A wide excision was done last year, and the report showed granulomatous mastitis. How can autolyzed tissue alter the report of biopsy? What do you mean by autolysis? What if the specimen is autolyzed? What would you do?  Read Full »

Is it normal to have a neck dissection just by suspicion of malignancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have 4 enlarged cervical lymph nodes in my neck. Two are cystic and have calcification inside. There are also 3 small nodules on my thyroid. Two are about 2 mm and one is 6 mm. All blood and thyroid tests came back normal. Full body PET-CT showed no abnormal activity in thyroid or lymph...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Pathologist Now