Q. My biopsy report showed granulomatous mastitis. Was the biopsy specimen autolyzed?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Granulomatous Mastitis or Biopsy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

A wide excision was done last year, and the report showed granulomatous mastitis. How can autolyzed tissue alter the report of biopsy? What do you mean by autolysis? What if the specimen is autolyzed? What would you do?