Q. I often get a grumbling feeling in my stomach. What could it be?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

From time to time, I get empty stomach or grumbling feeling below the sternum. No pain/ everything else is alright. My appetite is good, bowel movements are normal. The sensation can last several days, subside for days or weeks and then reappear. Ideas?

#

I understand your concerns.

From what you mentioned, most probably you have dyspepsia which is a problem due to abnormal gastric acid secretion.

I suggest a trial of Pantoprazole 20 mg tablet once a day before breakfast for a month.

Eat simple meals.

Have Maalox (Magnesium hydroxide and Aluminium hydroxide) sachet after main meals.

After one month if symptoms are still present Helicobacter pylori test will be required.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|