I had nausea a year and a half ago. At that time, I could not eat and was given IV therapy along with antacid. Immediately felt better and I left the ER. I had a colonoscopy about a year ago and it was fine. Doctor did not do any other test and said I had gastritis from alcohol. He gave me some nausea medicine. Recently, I went to my doctor with symptoms of bloating gas, belching, lower abdominal cramping and nausea. I had been drinking pretty heavily for the past five months. I have not been vomiting nor had any blood in my stools. It has been two weeks since I consulted him and I am still belching, having cramps in upper groin area, and burping. My appetite is fine. I have not drunk for17 days now. I am taking Zoloft. What is your suggestion? Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. Complete blood count (CBC).
2. Liver function test (LFT).
3. Upper gastrointestinal (UGI) endoscopies and amylase and lipase test.
Dyspepsia (impaired digestion).Treatment plan:
1. Take tablet Pantocid DSR (combination of Pantoprazole sodium and Domperidone) one tablet once daily before food for a month.
2. Tablet Normaxin (Chlordiazepoxide and Clidinium bromide) one tablet twice daily after food for a month.
3. Tablet Rifagut (Rifaximin) 200 mg one tablet twice daily after food for 15 days.
1. Avoid alcohol, fasting and spicy food.
2. Take small and frequent meals.
3. Avoid cabbage, cauliflower, milk and tea.
Revert back after the investigation to a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I started having a sharp pain in my right arm shoulder which probably originates from the right back of my chest. Also, my bowel movements have not been clear since some time. I took a Pantoprazole with Domperidone, guessing that this might be due to gas. Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with GERD six years ago. I have gained 10 pounds of weight and I started having phlegm in my throat. I am coughing more to get the phlegm out of my throat. I am currently taking Prevacid (over-the-counter) once a day in the morning. The phlegm and coughing does not seem ... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now