Q. Though I am on treatment for stomach pain, the pain persists. Why?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

I had severe back pain and stomach pain two days ago. I visited my family physician, and he prescribed me Omcar 40 mg along with other medicines. He advised me to take Omcar 40 mg in the empty stomach daily morning, but I took it after lunch and dinner by mistake. Since last 3 hours, I am suffering from severe stomach pain. Can you please guide me?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology
#

• Omeprazole (Omcar) and all other proton pump inhibitors are very safe medicines and can be taken for years without any side effect.
  • As you are having pain, antispasmodics like tablet Cibis (combination of Clidinium, Chlordiazepoxide, and Dicyclomine) can be taken thrice daily. Please request your gastroenterologist to prescribe Levosulpiride or Domperidone 30 mg once daily in combination with proton pump inhibitor. It will help you symptomatically in the long term.
  • Regarding diet, follow a high fiber diet, drink lots of cold milk and take lots of yogurt in food.
  • Avoid any fast food for a few months and no fried or spicy food.
  • Increase luke warm water intake. But, do not drink water during and after meals. Do not drink juices of citrus fruits like orange as it may increase acidity.
  • No smoking and alcohol and restrict tea and coffee. Try to eat a lot of fresh salad with vegetables and fruits.

For further doubts consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|