Dysplastic Mole

Should I be worried about a red mole?

Query: Hi doctor, Could you please take a look at this mole? I had it for ages and it has not changed, but it always bothers me. It is more of a reddish color than brown and I have a couple of them. I visited a dermatologist and she said it as fine. I was just wondering for the tiny dots in the mole? I th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate that you are so aware and concerned. I went through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I find them completely harmless for now. ABCDE signs are not absolute, but relative. By that I mean to say, any change in color, symmet...  Read Full »

Why did my mole disappear?

Query: Hi doctor, Several years ago, I had a flat, brown mole on the inner side of my lower lip. I am not sure whether it appeared suddenly or I just noticed it later after some days. I went to my dermatologist and she said it was a mole. She might have said freckle and that it was not anything to worry ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Moles are of various kinds. Some moles are non-pigmented. It is normal for a pigmented mole to regress and disappear, as it is to become raised above the surface of skin. That is not a cause of concern, especially when your doctor had ruled out any atypicality of the mol...  Read Full »

Can an unchanged mole actually be an early melanoma?

Query: Hello doctor, Is this melanoma? Does it look bad?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This could be an atypical/ dysplastic nevus - has irregular borders, looks asymmetric in shape and is perhaps bigger than 5 mm. It certainly requires a dermoscopic...  Read Full »

I have a brown, symmetrical mole. Is it melanoma?

Query: Hi doctor, This mole has been there forever and my dermatologist noted as one to watch along with a few others. She said it was raised on one side and that luckily most melanomas are flat. Now I stare at this mole constantly wondering if it is growing. I have been reading about nodular melanoma, as...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case in detail. Well basically it is not the matter whether the mole is raised or flat. Basically, it is the change noticed by the doctor or the patient himself. By change, I mean change in size, shape, symmetry, color, and other symptoms such a...  Read Full »

I had a mole removed which had a darker dot. Was it a melanoma?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a mole removed yesterday from my leg and I am very worried despite my dermatologist saying she did not think it was melanoma. She said she knew I would stare at it constantly and worry and that taking an atypical mole off here and there was alright and saved a lot of anxiety. She kn...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Clinically, it does not look like melanoma, but it is good that your dermatologist did a biopsy. So, the result will show us if it is a melanoma or not. It may most likely be a dysplastic nevus. I a...  Read Full »

A spot appeared on my hand recently. Does it look like a melanoma?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a history of melanoma. This spot appeared on my hand this month. I am worried it could be acral lentiginous melanoma. Does it look like it needs to be biopsied? I had a wide excision of melanoma on the other hand on the middle left knuckle.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a very small papular lesion at present. It does not need biopsy at present. But, if there is: change in color and irregular surface, increase in the size of the lesion, irregu...  Read Full »

What do you think about the moles on my back?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some moles on my back and that in my opinion look suspicious. What do you think? Please clarify.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the photographs to get a better opinion. Thank you. Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Do people using tanning beds end up with melanoma?

Query: Hi doctor, From when I was 17 years old I have used tanning beds on and off up until I was 22. I was not aware of the risks. Through the internet I learnt about the risks. I got to know that it is inevitable and that will develop melanoma at some point. Do most people who use tanning beds end up wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not necessary that everyone who uses a tanning bed will develop melanoma. It varies from person to person depending on the risk factors. Not everyone who uses a tanning bed develops melanoma. Moreover, you do not seem to have any risk factors and all your moles ap...  Read Full »

Is mole with large circular area a suspicious one?

Query: Hi doctor, Today I noticed two moles on my back with large dark circles around them. I have attached the photos of one affected area only. I have always had these moles, but have never seen these dark circles until today. I have had biopsies of moles from my back before and they were not cancerous. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Definitely this mole with the large circular area is suspicious. There is a high chance that this mole could be cancerous. I would suggest you to get a biopsy done as this is a doubtful mole. Any acute change in size, texture, margins and color of a mole is an alarming ...  Read Full »