Q. I had a mole removed which had a darker dot. Was it a melanoma?

Answered by Dr. Ashwini V Swamy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dysplastic Mole or Melanoma? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had a mole removed yesterday from my leg and I am very worried despite my dermatologist saying she did not think it was melanoma. She said she knew I would stare at it constantly and worry and that taking an atypical mole off here and there was alright and saved a lot of anxiety. She knows I have severe health anxiety. This mole was 3.5 mm and the worrisome thing was that it had a darker dot. I was hoping you would take a look. Before I left, I said, “If it is melanoma -“ but she interrupted and said she did not think it was. What I was going to ask though, was if it was, then hopefully it would be early since it is small.