Q. Why do I have clicking and high-pitched whine after I was subjected to loud noise?

Dr. S Nishanth
Published on Jan 17, 2018

I was subjected to a loud noise in my left ear. Since then, I have had a high pitch whine and my ear clicks. It seems as if I can contract a muscle in my ear and force it to click and then sometimes it seems to happen on its own. It happens more often than not, with brief episodes where it will not and I cannot make it click.

Dr. S Nishanth

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Your problem could be diagnosed following a simple audiological evaluation with tests called pure tone audiometry and impedance audiometry to determine any hearing loss and eustachian tube dysfunction that you might be having.

Treatment will depend on the result of these two investigations.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Tinnitus - a Cause for Concern

Article Overview: This article gives a brief overview of tinnitus, the various risk factors, the diagnostic tools available and the basic plan of management. Read Article

Tinnitus is a very common symptom encountered in day-to-day life. A person often describes it as a 'ringing sensation' in the ears or may perceive it as hissing, clicking, whistling, rustling sounds, in the absence of external sounds. It may be intermittent or continuous and is present in one or bot...  Read Article

What can cause very sore joints and muscles?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been sick for the last two years with the following symptoms. Fatigue, ringing in ears, very sore joints, sore muscles, follicular carcinoma, passing out, and extreme headaches. I am taking Synthroid currently. I just had a flow cytometry and numerous bouts of blood work. I have a...  Read Full »

Is tinnitus a side effect of AZO?

Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »