Q. I am suffering from excessive crackling in both the ears while swallowing or talking. Please help.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal
Published on Jul 25, 2019

Excessive crackling in both ears while swallowing or sometimes talking. Also, have extreme ringing in the ears and feels like pressure in ears. Had my ears checked by an audiologist and said hearing is perfect and did not sense any negative pressure with the test.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Do you have any nose block or headache or throat pain or jaw pain? Your ear problem can be secondary to these problems.

| 

I have a lot of jaw pain associated with TMJ problems.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Try getting an orthopantomogram. That will let us know if there is any problem with the temporomandibular joint. Avoid chewing really sturdy stuff on the side of the pain. Try taking soft solids. Do warm compress on the side of pain. You may use magnesium sulfate dry compress with Diclofenac local application. Additionally, please upload the reports of audiogram and tympanogram. The reports would let us conclusively say if there is anything wrong with the hearing and middle ear pressures. Till then I suggest you take steam inhalation, an antihistamine with leukotriene antagonist. You may need nasal steroids to spray in addition to these.

| 

I have tinnitus in ear. Is there anything I can do

Query: Hello doctor, I had an otitis media with effusion a year back. Meaning, a bit more than a year ago. My ears never cleared properly. If I move my jaw or even slightly yawn, I hear dramatic crackling sounds from my ears. They do not feel very blocked, and my hearing is fine. However, I do still have ...  Read Full »

According to my report, what should be my paleo diet?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old male. I am a non-vegetarian and intend to take paleo diet. For the last 20 years, I have been having IBS symptoms, sinus, ringing in ears, extreme anxiety, depression, respiratory allergy to dust and smell, muscle tension around nose and rectum, bad breath, stomach gett...  Read Full »

What can I do to unblock my ear and resolve tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an upper respiratory tract infection which is now resolved. It was in the acute phase. I had a very painful earache. I am fine now except for a blocked right ear with tinnitus (ringing) and muffled hearing. I can feel a crackling sensation in my outer ear. What can I do to unblo...  Read Full »