Q. How do I overcome tiredness?

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha
This is a premium question & answer published on May 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2021

I am a 31 year old male, married for 2 years now. My height is 178 cm and weight is 72 kg. I am not suffering with any medical conditions. I am working in a MNC. I do not have any work related stress as such. My problem is that I feel tired most of the time. I am also prone to getting cold frequently, though I do not have any sinus issues. I do not follow any strict diet and I do not skip my meals as well. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I am not taking any nutritional supplement. I have not had any checkup recently. Though 1 year back, I did a complete body checkup. The results were normal, except for my cholesterol level, which was on a borderline high, 202. I do not get a consistent sleep. My sexual desire is also very low. I had an addiction to masturbation till recently. But, I have reduced it now. I drive my two wheeler for around 40 km a day. When I am back home after work, I do feel very tired and lazy. What could be the reason for this tiredness? How do I overcome this? Do you suggest any vitamin supplements? Should I perform any test? If yes, could you please list out the names of the tests? Thanks in advance.

#

I have gone through your query and it is good that you mentioned it in detail.

• To answer your problem, this looks more like three reasons. Firstly, you might not feel as energetic as your youth of 20s since you are growing up.
  • Thirdly, and most importantly, your travel time is too high for a two-wheeler. This can cause more lethargy and it is normal.
  • If it is worrying you, consider reducing the travel time and distance. A ride in a two-wheeler can drain your body mentally and physically hence this issue. Get well soon.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Thanks for your valuable advice. Can you suggest me any vitamin supplement which does not have any side effect and could be taken for a long term?

#

• No vitamins are required for long-term use.
  • You only need to reduce the distance to work or change the transport system.
  • Vitamins are stored in the fat cells of your body and if taken in excess over long term can cause significant complications.

|