Q. Is masturbation the reason for my premature ejaculation?

Published on Mar 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 01, 2019

I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for premature ejaculation. I am worried to get married. I also have diabetes. My sugar level before the meal is 9.5 mol and after the meal is 110 mol. I am taking Gliclazide 80 mg once daily.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I can understand your concern.

• First of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation is not the reason for the problem of premature ejaculation you are having. Masturbation is a safe habit, and most of the men masturbate.
  • Diabetes increases the risk of premature ejaculation. So, I would advise you to maintain the blood sugar levels. If that is not controlled, then consult your doctor for dose adjustment of the drug.
  • For premature ejaculation, you can think of taking Dapoxetine. The drug is a SSRI drug (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor), and you can take it on as necessary basis.
  • The drug will help to delay the time. The drug is safe to use and free of serious side effects. Please talk to your doctor about the prescription of this drug.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Having depression and not getting well with SSRI. Can you suggest any treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from depression, anxiety, and OCD. I have tried triglycerides and SSRI, but they do not seem to work. I also have BP and diabetes. I am currently on cardiac medicines as I have undergone angioplasty twice. Please suggest me the treatment for depression.  Read Full >>

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are currently on SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). Have you consulted a psychiatrist or your cardiologist regarding medicines for depression? Several medications are available for treating depression, but each drug takes on an average of two w...  Read Full

Flacid Penis just before Ejaculation during Masturbation

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. If possible, please send me color doppler report. Also, do you watch porn or addicted to porn? If your penis doppler test is normal, then the cause is psychological may be due to excessive stress or porn induced erection problems. I see many c...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now