iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersCardiologyechocardiogramKindly review my echo results taken for heart failure.

Please explain my echo report taken for heart failure.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At January 25, 2019
Reviewed AtDecember 11, 2023

Patient's Query

I need help reading the results of my echo a few months back. I am just not receiving the results. I had a baby a few months back and then was back in the hospital a week later with pneumonia. During my visit back to the hospital with pneumonia, the doctors said my blood work kept coming back saying I had heart failure.

Your hearts' left ventricle is a bit weak (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It has a mild dysfunction. This occurs sometimes during the last month of pregnancy or five months after delivery. Many times this condition reverts to normal or almost normal within six months. I advise you to repeat the echo to know the current status of the heart. This condition is called peripartum cardiomyopathy. I hope you are taking medicines. Please follow up with the history of your condition, your symptoms, any previous illness and medicines you are taking for the heart so that I may guide you better and prescribe medicines and workup.

The Probable causes

The probable cause is weak heart.

Investigations to be done

Repeat your echocardiogram and ECG (electrocardiogram).

Probable diagnosis

The probable diagnosis is peripartum cardiomyopathy.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

echocardiogramheart failure

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Cardiology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy