Q. Why do I have a right-sided incision for a left tube ectopic pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I have an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I had two MTX and because of the embryo's heartbeat, I had salpingostomy six days ago. My questions are:

• I have a post-operative incision on my right side and nothing on my left side. I do not even feel pain on my left side, only on the right side. Is it normal because I had ectopic on my left side?
  • Can I later have a vaginal birth? I do not know if, by a laparoscopy, the uterus will be cut or damaged.
  • After surgery, I had two days of pink spotting then nothing and from yesterday, I have dark brown discharge, is it also normal? Currently, I am on Ibuprofen.
#

The incision taken is for the surgeon's comfort. A right-handed surgeon will take a right incision. The incision site usually does not depend on the site of the problem.

Yes, you can definitely have a vaginal birth in future and there is no doubt in that.

Laparoscopy is a very safe procedure and will definitely not harm or damage the uterus or adjacent structures.

The spotting is quite normal. However, if you have a doubt then meet up with your gynecologist and get checked once.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

What can be done to slow the disease progression in ankylosing spondylitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis from two years. Can you please tell me whether there are chances to slow the disease progression and how?  Read Full »

What are the risks of pregnancy in women over 40?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a c-section with my first pregnancy 19 years ago. I have fallen in love with a wonderful man who does not have kids. I and my fiance have been discussing and are planning to have a baby. I am concerned if I am able to have a VBAC delivery with my second pregnancy since my first pre...  Read Full »

Does sex during the date of period result in ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a query about my period. My actual due date for my period was 28th of last month. I had unprotected sex on the 27th. I waited two days for my period and I took emergency contraceptive on the last minute to 72 hour. My period got delayed for eight days and got it on the 5th of thi...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»