Q. Why do I have a right-sided incision for a left tube ectopic pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I have an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I had two MTX and because of the embryo's heartbeat, I had salpingostomy six days ago. My questions are:

• I have a post-operative incision on my right side and nothing on my left side. I do not even feel pain on my left side, only on the right side. Is it normal because I had ectopic on my left side?
  • Can I later have a vaginal birth? I do not know if, by a laparoscopy, the uterus will be cut or damaged.
  • After surgery, I had two days of pink spotting then nothing and from yesterday, I have dark brown discharge, is it also normal? Currently, I am on Ibuprofen.
#

The incision taken is for the surgeon's comfort. A right-handed surgeon will take a right incision. The incision site usually does not depend on the site of the problem.

Yes, you can definitely have a vaginal birth in future and there is no doubt in that.

Laparoscopy is a very safe procedure and will definitely not harm or damage the uterus or adjacent structures.

The spotting is quite normal. However, if you have a doubt then meet up with your gynecologist and get checked once.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|