Q. Should I undergo a tubal laparoscopy or would a HSG suffice?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Sep 03, 2017

I had a one-day period during my last menstrual cycle. After 14 days, I had pink spotting for three days. Then it turned to a brown discharge and then a normal bleeding like my menstruation. All this went on for 10 days. Today, the bleeding is very light. I am trying to conceive. My gynecologist advised me to have an HSG test. But, since I have the bleeding now, can I go for the HSG test once this bleeding stops?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, once the bleeding has completely stopped, you can go for the hysterosalpingography test. So, please wait until then. Once the period gets over, immediately on the next day, you can go for the test. However, if you have a doubt, get back to me.

Take care.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

My doctor initially advised me to have a laparoscopy done but, I insisted for an HSG test first. I do not have an intense pelvic pain, pain during intercourse, or heavy bleeding. Then why did my doctor advise me so?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• HSG will give us an idea only about the inner lining of the uterus and the tubes and the tubal patency. But, laparoscopy will give us an overall idea about the uterus, the tubes, and the ovaries as well.
  • Maybe, that is the reason he suggested laparoscopy. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.

Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is there any risk of radiation if HSG test is done twice?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I conceived for the first time without any medicine but unfortunately the pregnancy ended up in miscarriage. Since 8 months I am trying to conceive now. The following year I got a HSG test and was informed that both my fallopian tubes were blocked. Doctor said laparoscop...  Read Full »

Does spotting after I-pill rule out pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife started her last menstrual cycle on the 22nd of the previous month. We had protected sex on the 27th of the previous month. Unfortunately, the condom ruptured but, I was able to pull it out a few seconds before ejaculating. Just to be safe, she took an I-pill seven hours after ...  Read Full »