I have some infection like redness and itching in toes. I am afraid, is it an infection or psoriasis? It is there since last 4 months and progressing slowly slowly. On cosultation with doctor, I took Itraconazole 100 mg BID, Montelukast with Desloratidine OD and used Amorolfine ointment for 3 weeks but no cure.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Hope you are staying safe.
1) I saw the attached photo and have read your history (attachment removed to protect patient identity), as the interdigital spaces (between the toes) are unaffected it does not look like a fungal infection to me, and if it was, it should have been subsided with the anti-fungal treatment that you took.
2) I wanted you to answer few of the queries to rule out psoriasis:
- Was the interdigital spaces affected at any time?
- When you itch , do you feel it flaky/ bleeding or does water or discharge come out from it ?
- Are any other lesions present , especially on scalp, elbows or knees?
- Any history of prolonged exposure to water?
- Any relevant family history of psoriasis?
3) It looks more of like an eczema/allergy to me, and so the Clobetasol Propionate ointment will be beneficial, or even better you can use Clonate G (with antibiotic, combo of Clobetasol and Gentamycin) cream once daily application in night, tablet Cetirizine 10 once in the night for it itching and also Dermadew Aloe lotion in the morning and the afternoon for 2 weeks.
4) Please do not panic and even after 2 weeks it is not reducing you can do fungal or bacterial culture study from the area to rule out or even take a biopsy to rule out psoriasis.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. treatment is right. But, do not take Folitrax for long duration (Methotrexate) as it can adversely affect your liver and immunity. Also, if it is limited to palm and soles, then there is no need to take it. Because, Folitrax is meant for use in... Read fullI am suffering from eczema. There is redness in my cheeks. Using corticosteroid cream. Are there any side effects in using it?
Thank you doctor, I have discussed with you everything from the beginning. Kindly suggest the treatment of which doctor you think is better? Should I prefer the idea of laparoscopic ovarian drilling and then hysteroscopy for submucosal fibroid or t... Read fullGeneral Management of Difficult Psoriasis
.. about the general management of difficult psoriasis and the prevention of its exacerbation .. ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now