Q. What can be done for wrinkled skin on back of right palm?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Apr 05, 2018

The back of my right palm has gotten very wrinkly over the last couple of months. It looks like a 50-year-old's hand. Do not know what the reason could be. I have attached photos of my palm. There are also certain burn marks on my palm as hot milk spilled over it last week. Let me know what the reason could be because my palm is looking ugly. Any medications?

#

I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The wrinkles are due to severe dryness (a type of eczema). The treatment involves:

1. Avoid sun exposure, soaps or detergents.
  2. Use gloves when washing dishes.
  3. Use strong moisturizer cream like Bioderma Sebium Hydra (Sodium acrylate, Allantoin,etc.) three times per day.
  4. Zinc tablets once daily for one month.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

White patches developed on spots where corticosteroid was applied. Is it vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has skin lesions that started last year. They are on one side of the body. Initially, she got eczema kind small red rashes for which we applied Corticosteroid and later we observed whitish patches developing on those spots. Initially, the GP thought it could be tinea versicolo...  Read Full »

Please clarify if dry, cracked hand is a symptom of eczema.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had severely dry, cracked hands for the last six months. Sometimes, I sleep with Aquaphor and gloves on my hands. There have been two occasions where I have noticed one or two tiny bumps or blisters on the side of one of my fingers. It was on a different finger each time and is ...  Read Full »

My baby is suffering from eczema. Please suggest some treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby has pretty bad eczema. Just recently, he had a bad flare-up in which he was weeping from both legs, arms, hands and cheeks. For 80% of the day he is suffering with rash and seems to have no relief at all. He scratches and cries continuously throughout the day and wak...  Read Full »