Q. What can be done for wrinkled skin on back of right palm?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

The back of my right palm has gotten very wrinkly over the last couple of months. It looks like a 50-year-old's hand. Do not know what the reason could be. I have attached photos of my palm. There are also certain burn marks on my palm as hot milk spilled over it last week. Let me know what the reason could be because my palm is looking ugly. Any medications?

#

I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The wrinkles are due to severe dryness (a type of eczema). The treatment involves:

1. Avoid sun exposure, soaps or detergents.
  2. Use gloves when washing dishes.
  3. Use strong moisturizer cream like Bioderma Sebium Hydra (Sodium acrylate, Allantoin,etc.) three times per day.
  4. Zinc tablets once daily for one month.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|