Electric Shock

How to overcome the fear of electric shock?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 17 years old and mostly healthy. I had an EEG and an MRI several months back; both came back fine. I suffer from OCD related tension headaches. On the 15th, I was in my father's office looking for something. It was too dark and so I decided to turn on my dad's lamp. It is an archa...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms with chronological order. Emotional changes are commonly observed after minimal to moderate electric shock. So, the symptoms you had might be because of the mild shock, which you got while switching on the lamp. As you described, you had some sy...  Read Full »

Tricep twitching after electric shock. Could it be nerve damage?

Query: Hello doctor,I received an electrical shock last night. The shock did not hurt, just felt it go up my arm and across my chest. I dropped the probe right when I felt it. No burn marks. Afterward, I was having sharp pains in my chest. I went to the ER, docs did EKG, took blood and urine, said everythi...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to an irritated nerve or muscle. For this reason, if the problems persist, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist and performing a nerve conduction study to examine your nerves. Meanwhile, I suggest having some rest and taking...  Read Full »

What is causing numb spots and shock sensations on my legs?

Query: Hi doctor,I was diagnosed seven years ago with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I gave up gluten, soy, and milk, and along with Levothyroxine, my health has been great. However, two years ago, I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency. After six months of treatment, I recovered. Then after having a second b...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have hypothyroidism and you are on treatment with Levothyroxine. It is known that hypothyroidism causes vitamin B12 deficiency over time and if you are on a high dose of Levothyroxine, then...  Read Full »

After an electric shock, why does my partner still have shock-like feeling and pain in his arm?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner got an electric shock to his right arm a year ago. Ever since then, he has felt like he is constantly shocked, and he has been unable to move his arm properly. He is on 750 mg of Lyrica a day to control the shock-like feeling and pain. However, the hand movement has not retu...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cases of motor neuron disease are seen after electric shocks. Most likely, your partner is experiencing wasting of muscles due to motor neuron disease post the electric shock. A motor neuron (or motoneuron) is a nerve cell, which directly or indirectly controls the effect...  Read Full »