Q. Tricep twitching after electric shock. Could it be nerve damage?

Dr. Aida Quka
Published on Feb 17, 2018

I received an electrical shock last night. The shock did not hurt, just felt it go up my arm and across my chest. I dropped the probe right when I felt it. No burn marks. Afterward, I was having sharp pains in my chest. I went to the ER, docs did EKG, took blood and urine, said everything was good. Yesterday, my left tricep started twitching like crazy. The twitching comes and goes. Could it be possible nerve damage or just something else? They did have an IV in that arm for like four hours.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

Your symptoms could be related to an irritated nerve or muscle. For this reason, if the problems persist, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist and performing a nerve conduction study to examine your nerves.

Meanwhile, I suggest having some rest and taking painkillers (Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen) and a muscle relaxant like Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) for the pain. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need. Kind regards.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

I have numbing, tingling, and muscle twitching. What might help me?

Query: Hello doctor, About a month ago, I developed what I thought was a pinched nerve in my neck. I had numbing and tingling in my left arm and my hand would go numb while sleeping. However, over the next couple weeks the numbing, tingling, moved to my right arm then my legs and feet to include muscle tw...  Read Full »

I am having three seizures in a day after delivery. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. I am looking for some help. I feel no doctor understands what is wrong with me. I have had epilepsy since around puberty around the age of 12 when I got my period. I had a lot of seizures until I was finally controlled on Tegratol 200 mg. Throughout my teena...  Read Full »

I have no feelings in the front half of my leg. Could it be due to my old fracture?

Query: Hello doctor,I was involved in an MVA about a year ago. I ended up breaking my ribs, sternum, pelvis and fracturing my L5-S1 vertebrae. After the accident, I could move my ankles. Even after the surgery, I could move my ankles and I had no pain in my feet or lower legs. About 15 days into recovery, ...  Read Full »